Diplomacy and Strategic Studies (x3)
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment as Research Fellows in the Dag Hammarskjöld Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies in the following disciplines:
Areas of Specialisation:
Perform academic research, teaching and outreach activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and publish scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and contribute to evidence-based policy briefs of national and international significance
- Teach and supervise research students at Masters and Doctoral levels in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Engage in consultancy
- Conduct seminars and community service
Job Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12 or Form V certificate with five O-level credits, which should include English Language and Mathematics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the applicable field
- Master’s degree in a similar field
- PhD in a relevant field (preferably in the same area as the Masters) will be added advantage
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Result oriented person able to set and achieve set targets
- Ability to conduct independent research leading to publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Active membership and registration with a professional body would be an advantage
- Demonstrate ability to draw grants
How to apply
Interested individuals meeting the above qualifications should submit detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates and names of three (3) referees of which two (2) must be professionally acquainted with the applicant.
Hard copy applications should be submitted to the undersigned while soft copies should be emailed to:
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.