- Company: WVI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Digital Media and Graphic Design Officer
Reporting to: Marketing and Branding Specialist
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
The Digital Media and Graphic Design Officer will support the Resource Acquisition, Communications and Humanitarian Response Department and will focus on creative campaign design; marketing planning; web content generation; graphic and media design; and managing our online presence. The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping the visual aspects of WVZ Local Fundraising website; development of marketing products and communication materials; development of creative and effective print and electronic marketing /public awareness materials that utilize best stories/testimonials, program outcomes and engaging images. The candidate needs to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design.
- Coordinate and manage the creation of all digital content such as website, blogs, infographics, videos etc. with technical teams, field staff, advocacy and communications
- Ensure fresh content on all relevant digital media and monitor/track success by monitoring traffic on the site/pages. Provide website analytics and suggest strategies and methods for improvement
- Develop marketing products and communication materials that illustrate and enhance
- communication around World Vision’s work on issues affecting children and ensure the WVI brand guidelines are followed on all publications and other materials
- Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and latest trends
- Prepares final layout print-ready files of art.
- Apply design skills – typography, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements
- Assist in the planning, managing and execution of events
- Work to improve the WVZ brand presence
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- BSc Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Media or relevant field
- Additional qualification in web design or animation is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Digital Media Officer or Digital Marketing Officer or similar role
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with visual communication methods
- Extensive knowledge of design software and technologies, such as Adobe Creative Suites, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Corel Draw, or other media editing software
- Knowledge of web design
- Must be a committed Christian, attend/lead in daily devotions and attend Chapel
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 16 April 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Method of Application
Closing Date : 16th April, 2021.