At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The Wellness coordinator is responsible for the Wellness Centre’s activities and events that facilitate the provision of wellness programmes and services for the mines’ employees and dependents. This position reports to the Site Health Services superintendent and works in direct collaboration with the Fitness Coordinator, Occupational health Coordinator, and Health Promotions teams across both Sentinel and Kansanshi mine sites.
Core job roles:
- Facilitate and coordinate specialists for the provision of psychiatry, psychology and counselling services at the wellness centers.
- Collaborate with specialists and provide sensitization programming to promote wellbeing – this includes issues that limit workplace productivity, mental health awareness, stress. Fatigue, healthy eating and non-communicable diseases
- Provide Training and Seminar sessions on wellness issues that affect FQM communities including development and distribution of IEC materials on wellness related topics and corporate wellness topics.
- Ensure regular reports are made available on Wellness Centre events, activities, and developments and develop measures to monitor effectiveness of implemented programs. On the basis of this, they should review programmes and revise as required
- The Wellness coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supervising the Wellness team in both Kansanshi and Kalumbila including specialist consultants.
- Time and schedule management of wellness consultants and holding them accountable to appropriate standards
- Manage the electronic health records system
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in social sciences, health/allied health sciences, or closely related field or having had an equally beneficial number of years’ experience in a relevant field.
- Any additional certificates or training in the area of organizational psychology, wellness programming or health promotions would be beneficial
- Two years experience in providing similar services in a corporate setting
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: