Area Supervisor Needed at First Quantum
Area Supervisor Needed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
The role exists to carry out day to day activities to manage operations within designated areas of responsibility in the sentinel pit. The role also exists to assist the Shift Supervisor in executing his duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure good operation practices.
- Ensure compliance of safe mining practices.
- Report all substandard/unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Communication is effective and accurately conveyed.
- Ensure PPE Compliance among subordinates.
- Ensure Checklist Compliance.
- Coordinate Fatigue breaks.
- Conduct daily, weekly & monthly Inspections.
- Reporting of accidents, incidents & hazards.
- The role will supervisor and ensure full utilization of equipment in designated area.
- Loading Operations including Illumination at loading unit.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept in good working condition at all times
- Must be in possession of a grade 12 certificate
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Must be in possession of a valid driving license.
- Prior experience in the mining industry will be an added advantage.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Ability to follow and execute work instructions.
- Maintain a good work relationship with his/her pears.
- Have solid knowledge of road/ramp construction.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Demonstrate and maintain Safety according to mine regulations and set
- Follow set reporting structures and standards.
- Ability to operate Laser equipment correctly.
Key Job Attributes:
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Effective communication skills
- Conscientious attitude
Method of application
Submit your CV and application on company website: