SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is a non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial organization. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In order to fulfil the above mandate, the organization wishes to recruit for the positions of Accountant and is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the following positions.
Reporting to: Senior Accountant
Duty Station: Chipata
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Job is to manage the program funds and ensure compliance with both organisation policies and donor requirements. The Accountant plays a significant role in ensuring integrity of the SOS Children’s Village accounting system for all transactions such as budgets, payroll, accounts payable and accrual sub systems.
- To process all the payments in line with the organisation policy and ensure that all the supporting documents are attached and complete.
- To prepare the annual budget for the program and ensure that expenditure is as per plan.
- Prepare variance analysis reports including recommendations on mitigating measures to address the variances.
- To keep track of all pending payments for vendors including contractual obligations for services and goods
- To follow up and reconcile all the hotel bills for trainings, meetings and workshop venue payments.
- To maintain and update all the accounting records for the program in Microsoft dynamics NAV and submit the same to the National Office by the 3rd of the following month.
- To ensure that all bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and reconciliation statements submitted to the National Office by the 3rd of the following month.
- To maintain and update the assets register and ensuring that all the assets are coded as per organisation policy.
- To keep track of all used and unused receipt books and cheque books for the program
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
- To prepare monthly cash flow and ensure that all program activities are implemented as planned
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five credits and mathematics as one of the credits.
- Diploma / degree in Accounting or ACCA level 2 skills, CIMA managerial
- A minimum of three (3) years in a similar position with proven experience with some basic level of supervisory exposure.
3. Other competencies and requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft,
- Dynamics, NAV will be an added advantage.
- Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Should be a team player with leadership skills, integrity, progressive and un-
- blemish track record, very innovative and an effective communicator.
- All applicants for the above positions should be Child Friendly.
To apply for any of the above positions, apply to:
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia
Plot # 23217 / 35,
PHI, Off Police Post Road
PO Box 37907,
You can also email your application letter and CV only to. Please DO NOT email academic and professional certificates as they will only be required during the interviews to the applicants who will be responded to.
SOS Children`s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employee.