2021 UPDF Recruitment Application
The 2021 UPDF Recruitment Application is about to begin, kindly check our blog for application guidelines and process from time to time. Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces UPDF recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces.
How to Apply for the UPDF Recruitment exercise. This page will give you insight on how to apply for Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces recruitment 2019 dates, application form, requirements, qualification, guidelines, portal and updates for free.
UPDF Recruitment Requirements 2020
UPDF Recruitment Requirements 2019: The following are the Uganda People’s Defence Force recruitment general entry requirement for applicants:
An applicant shall be a person who:
1. Citizenship. MUST be citizen of Uganda and must possession an original National Identity Card.
2. Medical. MUST be healthy and medically fit ready to undergo medical and physical body check and a road run to test endurance and body fitness. An original copy of medical examination; duly signed by a recognized Medical Officer from Health Centre III are a must.
3. Age. Must be adult males and females between the age of (18-25) years, marital status MUST be single with no children. Professionals must be adult males and females of up to 30 years of age.
4. Education standard. Must possess a minimum formal education of S.4 (UCE) or its equivalent, and S.6 (UACE) or its equivalent with bias in science subjects. Original certificates of 2015 and 2016 with a student’s ID are a must. All professionals will be recruited at Kololo Air Strip as per programme.
5. Letters of recommendations from LCI, LC111, GISOs duly signed are a MUST, to confirm their conduct.
6. Moral standard. Any presentation of forged documents is criminal and culprits will be liable to prosecution.
7. Medical, mental and physical fitness will be checked at the recruitment as well as the training centres.
8. Aptitude test will be administered to confirm level of education.
The Official Date for these Exercise is yet to be Announced
The Uganda Peoples’ Defence Force (UPDF), previously known as the National Resistance Army, is the armed forces of Uganda. From 2007 to 2011, the International Institute for Strategic Studies estimated the UPDF had a total strength of 40,000–45,000 and consisted of land forces and an air wing.
After Uganda achieved independence in October 1962, British officers retained most high-level military commands. Ugandans in the rank and file claimed this policy blocked promotions and kept their salaries disproportionately low. These complaints eventually destabilized the armed forces, already weakened by ethnic divisions. Each post-independence regime expanded the size of the army, usually by recruiting from among people of one region or ethnic group, and each government employed military force to subdue political unrest.
How to Check 2021/2021 UPDF Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
- Commander of land forces: Lt. General Peter Elwelu (since February 2019)
- Chief of staff land forces: Brigadier Geoffrey Katsigazi (since December 2016)
- Commander of air forces: Major General Charles Lwanga Lutaaya (since January 2017)
- Commander Special Forces Command: Brig. Gen. Don Nabaasa (acting commander since January 2017, then permanent appointment)
- Commander of the reserve forces: Major General Charles Otema (since January 2017)
For More information Follow us on our Facebook Page @ https://www.facebook.com/Zambiastudiescom-486497598513875/
And Twitter Handle @ https://twitter.com/StudiesZambia