WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR AT NATIONAL MILLING CORPORATION LTD.
The role of the finance manager is to efficiently and accurately oversee the financial management of the business. Typically reporting to the managing Director and liaising with the senior management team, the finance manager will assume a hands-on role with responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of the company
- Preparation of weekly and monthly management reports
- Preparation of weekly margins report and weekly transfer of margins funds into margins account.
- Bank reconciliation
- Management of Pastel
- Credit management and Approval of credit limits on accounts
- Preparing Enterprise risk assessment.
- In charge of financial control and compliance framework.
- Contractor management and quality assurance.
- Drafting of final accounts and attending to external audits.
- Financial Policies and procedures drafting and monitoring.
- In charge of procurement and Value for money analysis (VfM).
- In charge of human resources and administration.
- Prepare annual budgets and regular forecasts to management
- Variance analysis and margin analysis
- Team management and support including induction and training of new staff.
- Prepare daily treasury reports and conduct daily Foreign Exchange (FX) deals with all major banks on behalf of the company
- Review stock recons and monthly cash & bank reconciliations
- Supervise a team of accountants and day to day affairs of the company be it finance related or otherwise.
- Trade accounts Receivable management, credit control & processing credit applications from clients
- Prepare monthly/Year to date Financial Pack with comments
- Review all payments, including vat reconciliations and make sure that internal controls are working as planned.
- Business Plan and Budget Preparation including drafting of final accounts.
- Administer staff payroll and ensure statutory deductions are accurate and remitted to relevant authorities on time.
- Raising of working capital and liquidity management.
- Final tax computation and submission of tax return to ZRA.
- In charge, Insurance.
- Capital expenditure management/custodian, Prepare Board packs and attend board meetings.
- Engagement with stakeholders including but not limited to commercial banks, government and regulators
- In charge of all corporate governance and internal controls
- Custodian of fixed assets viz acquisitions, disposals, depreciation.
- Debtors management, credit control & processing credit applications from clients.
- In charge of project proposals, preparation of the depot profitability reports and any other special assignments.
- Review all weekly and monthly audit schedules in readiness for internal and external audits and make recommendations.
- Review all payments and set up or authorize online transactions being one of the firm’s authorized signatory.
- Identification of cost control measures, implementation and planning of stock and cash controls.
- Review of purchase orders to ensure tax compliance and correct account allocation.
- Preparation of weekly Snapshots for Senior Management.
- Accounts payable & Accounts receivables management (liaison with customers and suppliers).
- Managing of all branch operational aspects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in a financial management position
- Proven strategic planning experience at the management level
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Method of Application
Only serious applicants meeting the above stated requirements should send their updated resumes to the provided addresses indicated below.
Head – Human Resources & Corporate Affairs,
National Milling Corporation Ltd,
PO BOX 31980,
Lusaka or to email address:
15 Oct 14:21
Email applications to