Save the Children International
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following short-term position:
Position : Warehouse & Distribution Assistant (3 Positions) – SHORT PERIOD ASSIGNMENT
Duty Station : Kaoma, Shangombo and Sioma – Western Province
The incumbent will be responsible for inventory management which includes planning distribution, managing warehouse facilities, and reviewing the quality and efficiency of warehouse activities in line with SCI policies and procedures. He/she will be reporting to Response Coordinator with dotted line to the Supply Chain Specialist.
- Timely uploading of data into the Total Inventory Management System (TiM)
- Tracking stock, maintaining receipt, warehousing/storage, and distribution operations information.
- Conduct proper stock verification to ensure quality and quantity of item ordered are received
- Controls inventory levels by conducting periodic physical stock counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Keep all inventory records up to date as per donor & SCI requirement to ensure value for money
Warehouse Management and Safety and Security
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols are followed.
- Keep the warehouse organized and clean at all times
- Oversee the distribution, dispatch and transportation of items to staff in readiness for distribution to the beneficiaries.
- Keep track of all delivery documentation and invoices in a secure and safe manner and update suppliers on their payment as and when needed.
Supervision of casual Laborers
- Provide supervisory role to warehouse casual Laborers by scheduling and assigning tasks and following up on work results.
- Preparing casual workers payment in a timely manner
Documentation and reporting
- Maintain a filing system for all warehouse and asset documentation in a systematic manner
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly updated warehouse status report
- Perform any other tasks as delegated by the line manager
Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 certificate
- A minimum of a Diploma in Procurement, Supply Chain Management
- Experience in Logistics/ warehouse management will be an added advantage
- 2 years working experience in a reputable organization
- Must be able to priorities work
- Good communication skill
- Experience with word, excel is added advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
- Must be self-driven, honest, and have the ability to work well under pressure
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
How to Apply:
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Human Resource & Administration Manager at [email protected].
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 1st October 2019. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]