Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the positions of:
VMMC Provincial Manager
LOCATION: Lusaka (1), Petauke (1)
REPORTS TO: VMMC QA/QI Advisor – VMMC
VMMC Provincial Manager will oversee all operations of the project’s Provincial team providing direct service delivery support to assigned government health facilities providing voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) services. The position is accountable for the coordination and quality of VMMC activities so the project meets MOH and PEPFAR targets in the assigned province. S/He is accountable for managing efficient use of Jhpiego resources to meet project deliverables. The position will coordinate demand creation activities, data management, and routine VMMC service quality assurance. The position is responsible for coordinating with Jhpiego/Lusaka office to access project resources to allow the provincial team to meet their responsibilities. The position will be supported by the VMMC QA/QI Advisor, the Community Mobilization and Communications Advisor, MER Advisor, and Program team.
- Manage relationships with government staff in the district and Provincial health offices and in facilities
- Represent Jhpiego in Provincial and District meetings including VMMC Technical Working Groups, District and Provincial Integrated Management (DIMS and PIMS) and other key meetings
- Coordinate activities with other PEFPAR-funded implementing partners
- Provide leadership in setting up and monitoring VMMC service delivery points in line with MOH, PEPFAR, and Jhpiego standards.
- Coordinate with the Community Mobilization and Communications Advisor to adjust demand creation activities as needed to maintain achievements.
- Lead QA/QI activities to adhere to MOH, PEPFAR and Jhpiego QA standards.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to all Jhpiego support sites.
- Ensure all providers and counselors meet MOH competency standards, are licensed as per national VMMC guidelines.
- Liaise with health facilities, HIV service delivery and Community HIV partners to ensure linkage rates meet the 95% goal.
- Liaise with district and provincial teams to conduct quarterly QA/QI review meeting, documenting meeting minutes and developing action plans.
- Ensure all Jhpiego supported facilities, district and provincial health offices, establish and maintain accurate record keeping mechanisms relating to VMMC work as per MOH, PEPFAR, and Jhpiego standard.
- Ensure all required supplies are requested for in a timely manner, with clear distribution plans developed, and manage effective stocking.
Emergency Preparedness and Management of adverse events (AE)
- Accountable for AE management and reporting according to MOH, PEPFAR and Jhpiego policies.
- Develop key action plan, as and when appropriate, for corrective actions to minimize AE’s.
- Organize routine simulations for emergency preparedness and basic life support for sites.
- Develop and monitor monthly, costed provincial workplan
- Maintain compliance of the provincial office with Jhpiego policies and procedures.
- Ensure all team members retire advances in timely manner
- Identify risks to achieving project deliverables and implement risk mitigation plans
- Contribute to annual work planning, training plans and quarterly reports and other required technical reports
- Degree in relevant field/Medical Licentiate /Diploma in clinical medicine/Registered Nurse with experience in the provision of VMMC.
- At least six years’ experience in VMMC
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Should be a certified VMMC provider and proficient in performing standard dorsal slit male circumcisions
- Demonstrates ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort
- Proven ability to achieve results
- Demonstrates presentation and oral communication skills
- Should be available to travel in-country up to 50% of the time
- He/she must be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Be able to handle and analyse data and process documents/reports.
- Experience in managing outreach activities will be an advantage.
- Valid practicing license with the Health Professionals Council of Zambia or General Nursing Council of Zambia
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org
Closing date is Friday 5th July, 2019