Lafarge Zambia Plc is the leading supplier of building materials and construction solutions in Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). It is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world leader in the building materials industry with a well-balanced presence in 80 countries and a focus on cement, aggregates and concrete. The Group has 80,000 employees around the world operating in more than 2,300 sites.
Lafarge Zambia has a total production capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and the region. Lafarge Zambia also owns and operates the Mapape Aggregates Plant which is able to supply 600,000 tonnes of high quality aggregates per annum. Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future!
Lafarge Zambia is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual to take up the role of Stores Supervisor in the Maintenance Department based in Chilanga.
Overall Job Purpose
To supervise the Plant Stores in accordance with best practice, respecting Lafarge Group policies and procedures, assuring the good custodianship of all materials in the stores with respect to quantity and condition, while respecting all relevant safety rules and regulations in force.
- Supervise the warehouse function and organization, ensuring that activities are carried out efficiently.
- Ensure effective management of production materials.
- Ensure proper storage of and access to all items in the warehouse and associated locations (yards, sub-stores, bulk storage tanks) at all times respecting Lafarge Group safety standards and regulations.
- Report against an appropriate set of performance indicators.
- Run the stock reorder purchase request report in the system and recommend adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with JDE dictates and other internal control standards as required by Legislation, both international and local.
- Oversee and maintain the item location file in the system.
- Receive materials and ensure that they fully meet the required specifications as set out in purchase orders / agreements, arranging for inspection as is required.
- Provide separate physical and logical storage areas for materials in dispute (quality, late delivery, substitution).
- Create and maintain an “Emergency Stores Requisitioning” Procedure for materials issues and updating of the system at the earliest opportunity.
- Receive surplus materials back into the Warehouse verifying that they are still suitable for future use.
- Identify damaged materials and store separately pending a decision on repair.
- Work with Planners to identify obsolete stocks, damaged stocks and advise Management.
- Oversee and maintain a perpetual count system ensuring that all items are physically verified at least once per annum.
- Provide secure storage for consignment stocks, following proper procedures for issues and receipts.
- Prepare and conduct annual stock count.
- Ensure that reporting on inventory activities, if required, is completed and submitted to the appropriate parties on time.
- Ensure effective stock holding to sustain Company operations.
- Effectively maintain good interfaces with end-users.
- Maintain good house keeping in all areas including the stock yards.
- Ensure effective management and implementation of Stores Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience/Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Management or related field/Graduate Diploma in CIPS.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in stores management.
- Good appreciation of stock management systems.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical / electrical components and spares.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Team Player
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a registered member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
Applicants may send their application letters and curriculum vitae to email@example.com not later than 26th April 2019. Applicants do not need to send copies of their qualifications at this stage.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org