Reformed Open Community Schools
Community Schools support NGO
The Reformed Open Community Schools (ROCS) is a nongovernmental/not for profit organisation registered under the Registrar of Societies in May 1997. ROCS is an initiative of the Reformed Church in Zambia (RCZ) aimed at supporting vulnerable children access quality education.
ROCS aims at developing, strengthening, and promoting strong community participation in the management of community schools.
ROCS will be implementing a School Readiness Initiative (SRI) aimed at strengthening stakeholder support to children one year before grade one. The project is expected to be implemented in 8 provinces and 53 districts in Zambia. In this regard, ROCS is looking for a self-motivated candidate to fill the position of Project Manager to be based at its Lusaka Office with extensive travel to the project sites. The position is highly demanding requiring a candidate that will not break down under pressure. This is a 2 year renewable performance based contract.
1. Ensuring SRI project successes – on time, on budget, to specification, with organisation, donor and other stakeholders
2. Ensuring the successful delivery of project deliverables through cost effective application of organisational project management strategies and the leadership of SRI teams.
3. Designing and executing Systemic, Measurable, Achievable, Reliable and Time Bound (SMART) SRI implementations plans in time and according to time and budget.
4. Researching and advising on cost effective SRI management strategies that meet the stakeholder needs and on budget.
5. Providing technical assistance and consulting with other Managers with regards to Construction, M&E, WASH and engagement with Ministry Of General Education
6. Preparing presentations, attending SRI related meetings and coordinating SRI close-out meetings
7. Writing Quarterly, Bi annual and Annual SRI reports on time
- Have excellent Project Management skills, very good understanding and application of monitoring and evaluation concepts and strategies
- Have clear sustainability, resource mobilisation and community engagement strategies
- Have excellent report writing and presentation skills.
Qualifications and experience
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Development Studies, Social Work or similar field
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in the management of Education programmes, 3 of which must be at management level
Skills and competences
- Passionate about Education and Community participation/Community schools
- Structured with great attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with data analytics and statistics
- Having good written and spoken communication abilities in English
- Optimistic team player
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Education
- Experience working with community schools is an added advantage
If you think your profile fits with the description of SRI Project Manager and your personal ambition marches with the challenges outlined, we invite you to submit your application with updated CV, indicating at least 3 referees, and professional and academic papers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10th May 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com