Netherlands Development Organization
The project forms part of the overall DFID WASH results programme following extension of phase 1 implemented between May 2014 to March 2018. The programme seeks to reach at least 100,000 people in Chama, Chilubi and Nakonde by December 2019 in basic sanitation. It also has a specific focus on system strengthening and capacity building. SNV seeks to achieve these targets through proven experience with the Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) Approach. The SSH4A approach, combines work on the following components:
a. Strengthening capacity for steering and implementation of sanitation demand creation
b. Strengthening capacity for sanitation supply chains and finance
c. Strengthening capacity for behavioural change communication for hygiene promotion
d. Strengthening capacity for WASH governance
Purpose of the job
- Track the implementation of DHIS2 in Chama, Nakonde and Chilubi districts and provide the needed support to the champions, EHT and district officials.
- Sustain the ongoing activities in sanitation demand creation, WASH governance, supply chain and finance and BCC for hygiene in Chama, Chilubi, Nakonde
- Creates momentum for change related to elimination of open defecation by promoting and building capacity for broad coverage.
- Champion sanitation marketing in the programme districts.
- Participate in the post sustainability survey in the phase 1 districts of Mporokoso, Luwingu, Mungwi and Kasama.
- Participate in the endline household survey for Chama, Nakonde and Chilubi districts
- Submit activity reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
- Degree in environmental health, community development, social sciences or related field;
- Demonstrated knowledge of sanitation, hygiene approaches
- Significant experience in working with local, regional, and national government agencies and stakeholders in developing countries
- Excellent facilitation, communication and listening skills
The Sanitation and Hygiene Officer will be based in the SNV office in Kasama, and will be required to occasionally travel to the project operational areas in Lusaka, Muchinga and Northern Provinces.
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae in English before 1st October, 2019.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.