Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Leader and Aquaculture Scientist based in Kasama, Northern Province, the Research Assistant (Geospatial) will assist to carry out the component 2 of the Aquaculture Technical, Vocational, and Entrepreneurship Training for Improved Private Sector and Smallholder Skills Training Project (AQTEVET) in the Northern region of Zambia.
Assist in design and implementation of the six sub-activities under the second component of the AQTEVET project, including:Assessment of market actors.
- Commercially-oriented, gender- and youth-responsive market research.
- Early stage investment support to the private sector.
- Increasing the capacity of private actors to deliver outreach, farmer training, and extension services.
- Aquaculture technology demonstration and testing.
Capacity development of supply chain intermediaries.
- Assist to conduct population census of smallholder fish farmers in selected districts of Northern and Luapula Provinces, in particular, the geospatial components.
- Assist in the collection of other types of data from smallholder fish farmers and private actors, with primary focus collecting geospatial data.
- Assist in monitoring of performance of private actors in line with agreed terms of reference.
- Assist with data entry and cleaning and literature research.
Carry out geospatial analysis and mapping with WorldFish Geospatial Expert.
Perform other related duties relevant to the project as may be assigned by the Project Leader, Aquaculture Scientist or Aquaculture Markets Development Manager.
This job is open to national applicants with the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries or its equivalent.
- Relevant working experience in aquaculture/fisheries and/or rural development, with proven experience in project implementation, monitoring and coordination.
- Ability to draft research concepts, reports and publications.
Strong research methods skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications as well ass SSPS and GPS.
- Proficient in English language, both verbal and written.
Ability to think clearly and analytically, setting priority, meeting deadlines, solving problems and making timely decision.
To apply please visit worldfish.workable.com.