Registrar at Open Window University
Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the moving image, photography, game and digital design. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant Afrocentric practise. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
- We are looking for an organised Registrar with a personable demeanour to join the administrative staff of our academic institution.
- You will be responsible for directing all facets of the operations of the Registrar’s Office including student registration and academic records, class enrolments and schedules, instructional space assignments, graduation clearance, and other details necessary to keep our institution running smoothly.
- The successful candidate should have excellent computer literacy with a background in student administration with strategies for maintenance and upgrading of the academic information infrastructure.
- Responsibilities and Duties (As stipulated in the Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013)
- Organises and administers student records
- Oversees the student admissions and graduation process
- Ensures records are updated with new grades, attendance, finances, etc
- Organises training for all staff at the university
- Performs clerical tasks, such as printing academic transcripts for students
- Keeps student information confidential and secure
- Participates in student service committees and initiatives
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports with comments and recommendations on policy and technical issues for the attention of university senior management
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in any field
- Experience in Business Administration, or related field will be an advantage
- Detail oriented person with strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be able to multi-task and work professionally under pressure
- Strong computer literacy, with database familiarity
- Understanding of sales and the capacity to interface with the university sales office Application
Method of Application
To apply please send your CV with a motivational cover letter to the address below.
Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.