RECEPTIONIST NEEDED AT CHISHAWASHA CHILDRENS HOME, ZAMBIA
As a point of first contact for the school, the Receptionist will screen parents and visitors to the school. He/she will carry out various administrative duties and resolve any problems, inquiries and prepare responses to ensure smooth operations of the school. The office bearer will be located at the reception area of Colin B Glassco School.
The Receptionist will liaise with the Head Teacher on each day’s planned activities and ensure all needed teaching and learning materials are available for teachers to use. The administrative duties to be carried out by the Receptionist will demand efficiency at task management and excellent time keeping.
- Maintain records for staff, and update school data on staff, pupils and parents’ contact details and addresses.
- Perform general clerical duties including printing/photocopying tests/exams/mark schedules/workshop material/duty rotas. Take minutes of the Staff Meeting and type them.
- Keep the Log book and Visitors’ book.
- Contacting suppliers in order to expedite deliveries to school.
- Prepare agendas for meetings with HT.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors.
- Keep a register for fixed and moveable assets.
- Being the custodian of classroom keys and promptly avail them to teachers before lessons.
- Collect Class Registers and Forecast books from teachers and submit them to HT for checking.
- Retrieve documents from filing system and handle requests for information and data.
- Coordinate school trips with the Deputy Head.
- Ring the siren to signal start/end of sessions.
- Support the Head teacher to ensure school activities are running smoothly.
- Check supplies when they arrive to ensure that they have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications.
- Help maintain general order in the school e.g. clearing lost property box and tidying notice board.
- Assist the DH with management of repairs and maintenance of school infrastructure and furniture.
- Organise refreshments for meetings and workshops.
- Circulate the awards book.
- In charge of affiliation to professional bodies e.g. MoGE
- Diploma/Degree in Secretariat or Business Administration.
- At least two of work experience.
- The applicants should be ready to start work January 2021.
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: