Project Manager (x1)
Jesus Cares Ministries is a Faith Based NGO with a call to do development work and bring transformation in poor and vulnerable communities working through the Government Line Ministries, the local churches and the communities. In Partnership with European Union (EU); JCM is implementing a project entitled “Protecting Every child Against Child labour through Education” (PEACE) in Nkeyema and Chipata District.
Jesus Cares Ministries is therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified, innovative and Christian individuals to take up the following position: –
Purpose of the Position:
To coordinate PEACE Project at the district and national level, and provide technical and strategic guidance to the planned child labour programme activities in the target districts.
He/She will work in close collaboration with the Project Officers, Business and Livelihood Officers and the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in both target districts in the implementation of the project. The job holder will provide support and guidance to the District Child Labour Committees (DCLCs), the Community Child Labour Committees (CCLCs), work in close collaboration with the Ministry of Labour and Social Service and other relevant line Ministry Departments, and other stakeholders at district and national level on the project planning and implementation. The Project Manager will be based in Nkeyema District.
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to the project and coordinate with Lusaka-based JCM technical staff, project staff and local partners in Nkeyema and Chipata District as needed to ensure all PEACE project deliverables are on track towards reaching the overall project goal, strategic objectives and beneficiary targets
- Ensure that capacity building trainings on Child Labour Programming for CCLCs, DCLCs and partners are properly planned, resourced and executed including overseeing quality of cascaded trainings offered by partners under the project.
- Cultivate and define relationships with government, public and private actors to maximize donor investment and project outcomes, while leveraging these partnerships for sustainable outcomes.
- Adequately prepare for periodic technical reviews with project staff and PEACE partners via meetings, report review, site visits, etc.) and ensure that the direction is in line with the overall PEACE strategy, and support changes in programme direction and focus, based on observations and data generated through monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with the Ministry of Labour and Social Security and support them in strengthening regulatory and policy framework on child labour and the child labour monitoring systems.
- Stay abreast of international and national relevant Child Labour policy discussions and state of the art developments in quality standards and innovations, including donor strategies and guidelines, and disseminate information and foster discussion within PEACE project.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the overall Child Labour protocols of Withdrawal, Rehabilitation, Reintegration and Prevention; working closely with the Ministry of General Education and TEVETA accredited training centres.
- Promote and monitor integration of cross-cutting technical themes into programme activities.
- Together with M&E Manager, design and review tools to monitor the effectiveness of all project interventions for intermediaries as well as generate lessons learnt for project improvement.
- Work closely with the M&E Manager to ensure clear understanding, tracking, and capturing project indicators and quality reporting. Utilize and adapt to learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform child labour programming.
- Oversee the implementation of economic and livelihood empowerment programmes for households with children withdrawn and prevented from child labour.
- Represent the PEACE project in donor meetings and other relevant meetings.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for timely submission.
- Support the Project Officers and Business and Livelihood Officers in implementation according to the work plans and prepare technical progress reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Social Sciences or Education is required, Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in Child Labour, Child Protection and Education programmes. Experience at senior management level will be an added advantage.
- Sound technical knowledge on Zambia’s child labour situation is very key to this position.
- Strong change management, results-oriented, and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision to meet short-term deadlines.
- Commitment and drive to achieve challenging goals and problem-solving.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications.
- Ability to work under tight timelines, including following deadlines, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Must have experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and donor report writing.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison, and donor engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and functional teams.
- Computer skills inclusive of Word a PowerPoint and Excel
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 60% of the time.
Method of Application
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Human Resource Manager. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Jesus Cares Ministries is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply. Jesus Cares Ministries reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.