PROJECT MANAGER AT ZAMBIA CENTRE FOR COMMUNICATION PROGRAMS
Zambia Centre for Communication Programmes (ZCCP) is a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV, print and electronic media) and social mobilization to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behaviour change. The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
Established in 2002, the core activities of ZCCP since then have taken place under the auspices of a Regional Health Communication Programmes involving 9 country partners in southern Africa, which is co-coordinated by the Soul City Institute. To ensure that the developed materials and interventions are contextualized to local situations, ZCCP has developed Kwatu as a well-known health and development communication brand, which has been used to carry out all of ZCCP’s products. Overtime ZCCP has integrated other socio-health issues such as HIV/AIDS and Gender-based violence and campaign to end child marriages in Zambia.
ZCCP is implementing the Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (ZCHPP) in Kabwe and Kapiri Mposhi districts in Central Province, Chipata district in Eastern Province and Mufulira district in Copperbelt. The ZCHPP project is funded by PEPFAR and USAID through PACT.
The goal of ZCHPP is to reduce new HIV infections in Zambia among Priority Populations [Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), People Living With HIV (PLWH), Mobile workers, Discordant Couples and Non-Injectable Drug Users (NIDU)] by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions
ZCCP is therefore looking for suitably qualified individuals to fill up the following position:
Job Title – Z-CHP Project Manager (1 Position)
- Manage the introduction and the closing out of the Z-CHPP project to district level stakeholders.
- Manage ZCHPP activities and structured monitoring of services offered, in line with Annual Work Plan and Budget
- Manage the Development of annual, quarterly and monthly implementation plans and budgets of ZCHPP.
- Manage regular coordination activities for both DREAMS and Community initiatives and with beneficiaries/stakeholders through joint implementation and feedback meetings
- Manage the adherence to partnership with the Ministry of Health and other partners especially those funded by USAID and other NGOs to facilitate HIV Testing Services.
- Manage the verification of data on all the indicators.
- Review activity reports by DREAMS Coordinators and Programs Officers, giving feedback and develop follow up action points.
- Manage data quality check for all complete documents filled at the Project sites.
- Submission of consolidated activity Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual reports to the Executive Director
- Participate in all important meetings such consortium meetings, management meetings, PDCC, DDCC and other meetings
- Manage all quality assurance (QA) and quality improvement activities for the project
- Recommend the requests for funds which are in accordance with the finance regulations
- Attend to any other assignments as delegated by the supervisor
- Manage the adherence of organizational policies at the district level and cross cutting prescribed standards at all the Project sites
- Compile and submit all the necessary reports
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Must have a grade 12 certificate
- Degree in Social science/health related
- Must have past experience working as a community mobilizer, community volunteer, school or any related leadership role
- Must have good supervisory skills
- Must be a good time manager to meet tight deadlines
- Must be assertive and energetic
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply attaching an application letter and CV stating clearly position and location you are applying for. Send applications to the address below and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zambia Centre for Communication Programmes,
PO Box 31469, Plot 18Matandani Road,
All applications must be sent to:
No hard copies of applications will be accepted and the application