Personal Assistant to the Deputy Registrar – Insurance Supervision in zambia
Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA)
Personal Assistant to the Deputy Registrar – Insurance Supervision
The Pensions and Insurance Authority is the regulatory and supervisory authority for the pensions and insurance industry in Zambia as provided in the Pension Scheme Regulation Act No. 28 of 1996 (as amended by Act No. 27 of 2005) and the Insurance Act No. 27 of 1997 (as amended by Act No. 26 of 2005). The Authority is empowered under Section 5 of the Pension Scheme Regulation Act to formulate standards in the conduct of pensions insurance and business. The Authority supervises, among others; Insurance and Reinsurance Companies, Insurance Intermediaries, Pension Schemes; Fund Managers and Fund Administrators.
The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Personal Assistant to the Deputy Registrar – Insurance Supervision.
Overall Responsibilities: –
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar- Insurance, the Personal Assistant will be responsible for providing secretarial services to the d epartmental Head in order to provide effective support to the functioning of the office of the Deputy Registrar – Insurance.
- Makes appointments on behalf of the Deputy Registrar within and outside the Authority.
- Types from manuscripts and dictations, confidential and non-confidential memorandum, letters, reports, notices, tabulations as requested and drafts letters as requested by the Deputy Registrar.
- Places and filter telephone calls and tactfully screen all visitors and/or clients to the Deputy Registrar.
- Prepares and Issues approved Registration Certificates and Licences to clients in the Pensions and Insurance industry.
- Maintains an appropriate diary, schedules meetings for Deputy Registrar and reminds him/her of such appointments on the material date and time.
- Keeps an up to-date-filing system for all documents and letters, confidential and non-confidential for the Department.
- Determines and replenishes office supplies (beverages, stationery, etc.) upon approval of requests.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements, making bookings and obtains tickets, drawing the necessary subsistence and travel allowance for Deputy Registrar.
- Liaises with Administration on the preparations of workshops, seminars or meetings ensuring that venue and stationery required are timely secured.
- Performs other office duties such as photocopying, faxing etc.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Computer Literate, Typing and Shorthand speeds of 56 and 120 WPM respectively.
- 3 years relevant experience at a similar level in a reputable organization.
Method of Application
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter; copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below,
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Pension and Insurance Authority,
Stand No. 4618, Lubwa Road,
P/Bag 30X, Ridgeway,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.