Operator, Mobile Equipment at First Quantum Minerals Ltd Posted, Zambia
Operator, Mobile Equipment
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To safely drive company vehicles on which he/she is trained on and permitted.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Should avoid spillage on the mine roads
- Should not run on spillages to avoid tyre damage
- Ensure the check-list is completed and submitted
- Ensure good house-keeping
- To follow operating manuals and general signage
- To report all defects on a machine and care for the machine
- To be fit for work and care for others.
- To follow correct instructions from the respective supervisor and laid down procedure and regulations.
- Performs other related duties that may be required
- Minimum of a Grade Nine (9) Certificate
- Holder of a Class CE Valid Driver’s licence
- A minimum of 2 years driving experience on the same or similar vehicle
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat and noise
- An understanding of the cultural and political environment
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
Method of application
Submit your CV and application on company website: