National Sales Manager Needed
National Sales Manager Needed
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
- Ensures execution of the agreed sales in a region
- Responsible for profitability related targets established by the business
- Organizing high quality sales support infrastructure required in the execution of sales processes.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the sales strategy for the department.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the team to deliver sales results and profitability on annual budget based on an identified customer account base.
- Achieve short and long term financial results of the sales department.
- Development of the capability of the sales team
- Compliance to ISO 9001/14001 quality/environmental management system and corporate Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) management
- Sets objectives for Team Leaders and monitors performance against set objectives
- Guide the sales team in understanding and assessing customer’s needs, business objectives, strategies and building value propositions
- Build, develop and motivate a sales organization with the skills and knowledge to ensure individual success and manage all people related (HR and development) responsibilities and budgets
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities from a scope, timing and revenue perspective
- Establish and build senior-level relationships with key decision makers and buyers, both internally as externally
- Serve as a coach to the team to deliver business targets
- Execute a professional, detailed Business Plan for developing sales strategies and identifying resources required for implementation
- Coach team to develop account plans
- Drive commercial excellence and continuous improvement
- Identifies potential channel conflict/ market issues, alerts management, and proposes corrective actions.
- Sets clear and agreed business plans, reviews and reports on progress on a regular basis, and takes appropriate action where necessary to deliver sales targets
- Manage the resources to deliver sales growth across all accounts (including call plans, strategic account plans, commercial agreements and relationships)
- Manage the team to deliver profitable commercial agreements with customers. This includes coaching team members in the negotiation (attending for support where necessary) of the agreement and ensuring the agreements make commercial sense for both AkzoNobel and the customer.
- Captures customer insights and links them to current business strategy and provides propositions to drive future business growth.
- Optimize utilization of resources & processes, provide coaching, mentoring, empowerment to develop individual & team competences of subordinates
- Sets objectives for team members and monitors individual performance against the set objectives
- Maintains corporate governance standards
- Developing and reviewing business processes and systems of operations to improve efficiency in service delivery
- Create clear direction and manage employee performance effectively
- Provide an inspiring climate by being innovative, solving problems effectively and initiating training interventions.
- Maintain organizational climate and supporting change initiatives
- Build teams and Instill team work among employees to enhance productive interpersonal relationships
- Regularly communicate to employees effectively to ensure employees are adequately informed and motivated at all times
- Regularly liaise with customers to facilitate improvements in customer services whilst protecting company image
- Ensures that all the applicable company Directives, Rules & Procedures as well as local site procedures regarding personal conduct, HSE, Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs including Life Saving Rules are adhered to.
- Enforce safety, and ensure total compliance to OHS Act & regulations/requirements and engagement in community stewardship
- Assists in the completion of risk assessments and complying with risk assessment control measures
- Reporting of known hazards in the work place
- Reporting of accidents, incidents, occupational diseases, hazards, near misses, in accordance with AkzoNobel procedures & policies
- Responsible for departmental HSE matters, Near Miss & BBS reporting.
- Regularly audit departmental teams’ work habits to ensure they work within established HSE requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Sales / Marketing / Economics
- 3 – 5 years sales experience within the FMCG/retail environment
- Candidates lacking formal qualifications but have necessary experience, skills and knowledge in the required competences would be considered
- SHE management system experience is preferred
- Ability to develop new business
- Ability to build relationships with clients
- Proficiency in MS office packages
- Management experience in addition to Financial management skills
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: