WebsiteTime + Tide Foundation
Position: Time + Tide Foundation Monitoring and Evaluation (M+E) Coordinator
At the Time + Tide Foundation, we show vulnerable children in remote, wilderness areas that they have more to offer than what may be traditionally and/or locally expected of them. Through academic, social, physical, and cognitive support, we work with historically under-valued children – such as girls and those with special needs – to enter, remain and progress in formal schools. This is no small task as we often begin with a baseline of 0% literacy, we see handicapped children locked away in their homes and girls leaving school due to pregnancy at the age of 12. In conjunction with the Time + Tide tourism brand, we boost the quality of life for local communities that live in and adjacent to national parks, mirroring the direct economic investment from the Time + Tide lodges with educational interventions that yield high social returns.
The M+E Coordinator will be responsible for managing the overall framework for the Time + Tide Foundation’s M+E systems, including data collection, management, analysis and reporting. The M+E Coordinator will be tasked with developing innovative evaluation designs to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions and will be responsible for the storage of all data collected on online databases. S/he will work closely with the Foundation’s senior programme officers, providing technical support in implementing M+E activities to ensure timely reporting of progress against key indicators.
- Fluency in English (other languages a plus – esp. Chinyanja and/or French)
- Master’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Statistics, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Development Studies, Demography, Data Engineering/Management, M+E processes etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience of project monitoring and evaluation, including data management, data quality assurance, and research and evaluation
- Familiarity working with NGOs or other local development agencies
- Familiarity and interest in working with vulnerable children
- Proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Strong knowledge of M+E methodology, statistical analysis, performance evaluation and report writing
- Demonstrated capacity to use project M+E to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making.
- Proficiency with Stata or equivalent statistics analysis software
- Experience working with / designing research databases
- Experience with M+E training and capacity building
- Extremely organized and efficient in completing tasks
- Excellent English writing/grammar skills
- Compassion and tolerance for a great diversity of people (ways of life, religion, socio-economic backgrounds), both Zambian and foreign
- Interest in biodiversity conservation and safari tourism
This will be a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia. Compensation will be based on candidate’s academic and professional experience. Local and international travel will be required. The candidate is requested to be flexible with the role and be prepared to adapt daily and overarching priorities as and when required.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining your specific interest in the role to: [email protected].
Closing date is 15 September 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]