Catholic Relief Services – Zambia Country Program
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000 CRS Zambia has been implementing a number of programmes to support vulnerable Zambians. Its recent programming areas include: nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
Catholic Relief Services Zambia is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation officer to be based at Kafue Mission Hospital for the Epidemic Control 90-90-90 (EpiC 90-90-90) HIV prevention, care and treatment program implemented to scale up HIV care and treatment in Zambia in line with the UNAIDS 90:90:90 goal to control the HIV epidemic.
- Reporting to the Facility In-Charge with support from EpiC 3-90 Strategic Information/Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, the M&E Officer will work closely with the ART Coordinator to ensure a functional strategic information system that responds to the project outcomes, through project indicator tracking, generation of program report, capture of data related to patient care and all other HIV/AIDS services into the SmartCare electronic medical records system for reporting as well as coordinate activities for quality data and information that is ideal for decision making.
- S/He will perform all necessary functions and obligations as defined and delegated by these supervising officers.
He/she will be required to perform the following duties:
A. Maintain SmartCare Functionality
1. Conduct SmartCare troubleshooting to ensure continuous running of the system during clinic days.
2. Update the SmartCare database and update Care cards on all events for patients seen during each clinic days
3. Review and correct entry of all patient interactions in patient charts
4. Review consistency of data capture ARTIS registers, patients charts and SmartCare at the health facility.
5. Perform daily backup of SmartCare (TDB and Database) data at health facility.
6. Enter all missing patient interactions (Laboratory, Clinical, and Pharmacy) into SmartCare
B. Reporting of Facility Activities
1. Timely consolidation of daily, weekly, monthly HMIS and project reports, and submission to next level.
2. Conduct triangulation and data quality audit (DQMIS) activities for all data entered in SmartCare and other source documents to ensure completeness and accuracy before report submission.
3. Ensure consistency of facility reports submitted to various partners working at the facility
4. Review and manage patient files on day to day basis for easy retrieval.
5. Perform any other HIV-related data collection duties as assigned by the in-charge of the health facility and/or EpiC 3-90 SI Advisor/Associates.
Qualifications and experience
The candidate is expected to satisfy the following:
- Minimum of a diploma
- Computer-literate with experience in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Two to three years SmartCare experience (including data entry and report generation)
- SmartCare Essentials certification will be an added advantage
- Basic SmartCare and computer troubleshooting skills
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Facility-in-charge, ART Coordinator, EpiC 3-90 Strategic Information, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, M&E/ IT Associates, Clinical and Operations teams
External: District Health Information Officer and partner health facilities, Government of Zambia Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS agencies, PEPFAR implementing partners and other stakeholders.
Agency-wide competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes Learning
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicant Instructions: Please email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to: [email protected]. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 06th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]