Requisition Number: 505409
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinates.
- Ensure that parts are available in time before service or repairs are carried out
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Prioritise workload as per Equipment priority and production requirements.
- Ensure 100% works order compliance
- Ensure that all the critical parts are stocked in the Warehouse
- To plan ahead and ensure reliability in the Medium Vehicles
- Advise management of whether continued operation of an equipment could be hazardous.
- Drive to achieve required equipment availability targets
- Ensure that tool and equipment being used by the Artisans are in good condition
- Carry out employee’s performance reviews and assessments
- Ensure Medium Vehicle workshop maintains good housekeeping.
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of a Craft Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Auto Mechanics
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum experience 2 – 3 years in a similar engineering role, with a particular focus on Heavy or Medium Vehicles, with at least two years in a supervisory exposure.
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Root cause failure analysis skills and experience in identifying failures and defect elimination.
- Computer literacy with experience in Pronto system.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Ability to achieve result is a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime when required
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
- Very good verbal communication skills.
Applications close: 23 May 2019 FLE Daylight Time
To apply please visit careers.first-quantum.com.