Position: Local Fundraising Associate Director
Location: National Office
Reporting to: Resource Acquisition Director
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the role will be to build long term profitable fundraising initiatives by researching, shaping, and implementing the organization’s local fundraising plan, generating new and sustainable income streams via a range of corporate, philanthropy, churches, and individual partners. This is a high profile role involving interaction with a range of people from across corporate and individual segments, including World Vision Zambia Limited (WVZL) networks, and raise awareness of the organization and its work, at both a local and national level. The Local Fundraising Associate Director (LFAD), in coordination with the Resource Acquisition Director, will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Local Fundraising Strategy and will create new models of engagement with targeted audience to help WVZL expand its reach and promote diversified funding streams. The LFAD will engage local companies, associations, foundations and churches to develop partnerships and generate resources to complement sponsorship funding and sustain technical programming in WVZL assisted communities. The ideal candidate is purpose-driven, results-focused, and an innovative thinker.
Local fundraising strategy development and implementation
- Develop the local fundraising strategy and plan in consultation with the Resource Acquisition Director to maximize funds.
- Identify fundraising campaign ideas and other fundraising opportunities for WVZL and identify ways to creatively make them happen.
- Plan the Annual fundraising activities and proper resources allocated for the implementation.
Marketing and Fundraising mechanism established and functional
- Build and maintain individual based marketing and fundraising mechanisms.
- Engage in building relationships with corporates and philanthropy organizations to invite them to participate in and contribute to World Vision’s mission.
- Develop a well-established platform for maintaining donors engaged and committed to their promises and ensure donor care.
- Build and maintain new profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with corporate and potential corporate sponsors.
- Ensure the external communication is done with professionalism and accuracy.
- Work towards accomplishment of targets by obtaining funds, finances, in-kind donations or volunteer teams.
- Ensure update is provided on regular bases to the donors and other partners involved.
Local marketing implementation plans are in place
- With senior management and project leaders to design and develop specific marketing plans that are aligned with WVZL business objectives.
- Ensure marketing products are in place following the right process.
- Maintain liaison with relevant Public Relations, internet, marketing agencies and corporations in Zambia.
- Implement fundraising campaigns and other donor’s acquisition and cultivation efforts.
To apply please visit careers.wvi.org.