WebsiteTexila American University (z)
Bringing Education to life
Texila American University a world Class Affordable Educational Provider. We are a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a provider of high quality education and a focus on applied research.
Founded in 2010, Texila American University Group (TAU) has evolved into one of the most prestigious & world-class international education providers. With a diverse student base, Texila American University stands committed to excellence in the education of future professionals across the world. Texila Group–has 4000+ students from 70+ Countries for its varied program verticals.
The University seeks to recruit a suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Library Assistant.
The job of the Library Assistant is to Compile records, sort and shelve books, and issue and receive library materials such as pictures, cards and slides. Locate library materials for loan and replace material in shelving area, stacks, or files according to identification number and title.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lend and collect books, periodicals and other materials at circulation desks.
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Inspect returned books for condition and due-date status, and compute any applicable fines.
- Provide assistance to librarians in the maintenance of collections of books, periodicals, magazines, newspapers, and audiovisual and other materials.
- Manage library inventory, perform stock checks, and prepare item list for removal, relocation and binding.
- And any other duties that maybe assigned to the incumbent.
- Full grade twelve certificate.
- Diploma or degree in Library Management.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Strong Conflict Resolution Skills
- Customer Service Minded.
- Creative Thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to react quickly and make sound decisions.
- Self starter.
Members of the public who meet the above should send their resumes to Dexter.email@example.comCc. Masambo.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Masambo.T@tau.edu.zm