LABORATORY ANALYST AT ZAMBIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS
Laboratory Analyst – Chemistry
ZABS is a statutory body currently operating under the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017. ZABS exists to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national, regional and international markets. It is the custodian of national standards and acts as a link between the local industry and regional and international standardization and quality assurance (SQA) organizations.
The Bureau’s mandate is to provide services in the areas of Standards Development, Management System/ Standards Training, Product Testing and Product/Management System Certification. It is also the National Enquiry Point for the World Trade Organization (WTO) Issues.
The Bureau wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position;
To undertake test work and research in general chemistry laboratory for testing Water, Food stuffs, Drinks, Animal feeds, Fertilizers and other industrial chemicals. To provide analytical data and information to meet the expectations of superiors and clients. The performance of work will be carried out in line with the requirements of the Laboratory Quality System, ISO/IEC 17025 and Accreditation bodies.
- Conduct research to establish appropriate analytical methods and procedures and recommend suitable equipment and consumables.
- Undertake adequate quality control measures to ensure credibility of test results and measurements.
- Ensure that the laboratory participates in suitable inter-laboratory comparison and proficiency testing schemes and evaluate results to ensure reliability of laboratory results. Investigate outliers and recommend corrective action.
- Ensure that appropriate environmental conditions, health and safety precautions are controlled, monitored and complied with to avoid production of erroneous results, injury to persons and damage to the environment.
Qualifications, experience & personal attributes
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Three years in a relevant busy food or industrial chemistry laboratory.
- Technical Skills: Proficient in use of AAS, UV/VIS, GC, GC-MS, HPLC.
- Other Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literate in Excel and Word Processing. Ability to work with minimum supervision, of sober character and integrity, and capable of handling confidential matters.
The position is in Permanent and Pensionable conditions of service category.
Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for the jobs, please send your application letter together with copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV to the address below.
Zambia Bureau of Standards,
PO Box 50259,