Requisition Number: 506765
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Health & Safety, Smelter
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Protection of life and Company Property, through fire fighting and Rescue operations.
- To perform a series of physical tasks for extended periods.
- Providing Emergency care for sick and injured persons on assigned shifts.
- Conduct routine inspection of fire Protection and suppression system on plant
- Conduct routine inspection of fire fighting apparatus and miscellaneous tools and ensure they are in good working order
- Maintain an incident Log for all occurrences on Smelter site
- Participating in Fire drill Simulations and Emergency Response training.
- Involved in public Fire Prevention and Safety campaigns
- Other duties as may be directed by the Supervisor
Qualification and Experience
- In good health and physically fit, and must be of sober habits.
- Full Grade 12 Or Good GCE “O” Level Certificate.
- In Possession of Basic Fire Fighter, Harzmat and Breathing Apparatus Certificates (From National Fire Service School)
- In Possession Of Leading Fire Fighter Certificate (Statutory Exam – Added advantage)
- In Possession Of a class “C” Zambian drivers licence
Applications close: 17 Jun 2019 FLE Daylight Time
To apply please visit careers.first-quantum.com.