Human Resources / Administrative Assistant at Creative Associates International
- Company: Creative Associates International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
In close coordination with the US Embassy and USAID, the goal of the USAID/OTI-funded Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) is to support US foreign policy priorities to shore up stability and prevent violent extremism in the Littoral region, including Ghana.
Initial objectives include:
- Rapidly delivering effective and relevant programming on the ground through targeted interventions that may be scaled up.
- Informing and improving USG programming by piloting approaches and sharing reporting.
- Providing rapid response capacity, from hiring STTAs to quick response activities, in the event of a crisis or opportunity.
The Human Resources (HR) /Administration Assistant will perform a broad range of clerical, secretarial and reception duties. S/he will provide timely staff services and efficient office operations in the areas of communication, mailing, inventory management, supplies and equipment maintenance and more.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Sr. HR Officer.
- Assist Sr. HR Officer in managing the Human Resources functions, including but not limited to, day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office, jobs announcements, recruitment, recording staff leaves, ensuring that staff files are organized and completed.
- Assist in office management duties, ensuring that program facilities are in proper working order, office supplies are stocked, and coordinating office repairs when needed.
- Maintain a functional and efficient system for assigning of drivers, scheduling trips and maintaining vehicles.
- Develop and maintain records of staff daily whereabouts, as well as vendors and contact information for external parties.
- Supports the Sr. HR Officer and Finance Manager in the procurement process, ensuring all Creative and USAID guidelines are strictly followed with appropriate documentation.
- Update, manage and track the list of inventory and ensure that all physical items are properly labeled and accounted for.
- Coordinate oversees travel arrangements and hotel reservation for visitors/STTAs travelling to the field.
- Other tasks of operations, HR and administrative nature, as maybe assigned by supervisor.
- Update database to track key information.
- Handles all email, mail and phone general inquiries and requests for information and materials.
- Collects departmental updates for monthly organization report.
- Retrieves, logs and sorts resume inquiries via personnel email, mail and phone.
- Maintain employee telephone lists, and floor map.
- Assists with ordering supplies and copy room inventory, as needed.
- Assists with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed.
- Assist staff with mailing projects and provide support assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- 1+ year of general work experience and 1+ years of specific experience relative to the position required.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired, medium level required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse clientele and staff.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with experience providing customer service.
- Experience in organizing and filing information.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Medium level knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Must have existing work authorization for Ghana.