Health Professions Foundation Program
The Health Professions Foundation Programme (HPFP) is a 12-month (1 year) full-time programme which prepares a student to enter the degree programmes in the College of Medicine at Texila American University.
As a foundation programme embedded with scientific knowledge and one of the most fundamental components of the practice of health sciences, students are provided with opportunities to learn a whole range of natural science concepts in addition to acquiring knowledge related to professional development in the health professions.
Key Features of the Programme
Our educational philosophy is to offer a strong foundation for future health professions education and we strive to use best practice in its delivery and assessment:
Strong foundations in basic natural sciences.
Strong foundations in health professions fundamentals (biomedical science foundation, medical terminology, and behavioural sciences).
The course is delivered by a combination of highly qualified professional lecturers from all related disciplines.
- O/A Level with minimum of C grade or better in Biology, Physics, Chemistry English & Mathematics. Age must be below 30 yrs
- Determining a student’s major interests, be it in research, medicine or clinical care
- Acquiring foundations in the science disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics
- Developing strong oral and written communication skills
- Recognising the importance of behaving ethically
- Understanding ethical responsibility as future health care professionals
- Professional Development
The 12-month curriculum follows the semester system and includes:
- Part A (Advanced level natural sciences in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics) for two semesters.
- Part B (Health Professional Development Courses) for one semester.
|HPFP Phase 1 (Semester 1)|
|FBO 1100||Biology-I||6 Credits (120 hrs)|
|FCH 1100||General Chemistry||12 Credits (240 hrs)|
|4 Credits (60 hrs)|
|FPY 1100||Physics- I||6 Credits (120 hrs)|
|FPD 1109||Professional Development (Study Skills & ICT)||5 Credits (45 hrs)|
|Total Credits||25/27 Credits (495/525 hrs)|
|HPFP Phase 1 Semester 2|
|FBO 1200||Biology- II||6 Credits (120 hrs)|
|FCH 1200||Organic Chemistry||12 Credits (240 hrs)|
|4 Credits (120 hrs)|
|FPY 1200||Physics-II||6 Credits (120 hrs)|
|Total Credits||22/24 Credits (495/525 hrs)|