District Development Coordinators (x3) – Mpika, Isoka, Monze
CARE, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia is in the process of recruiting staff for the SUN II programme to support the implementation of the First 1000 Most Critical Days Programme in selected districts. The staff will be critical in the management as well as the operational and financial oversight of the proposed programme in the following positions:-
Kindly note that these positions are dependent on successful signing of the Partnership Agreement with the donor.
The District development Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the planning, implementation and monitoring of field activities and direct liaison with various Ministries at district level. S/he will have strong expertise in agriculture, food and nutrition and will work closely with field staff from the Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries and Community Development. S/he will also be responsible for providing technical support to partner staff to strengthen their capacity in planning and implementation of field activities on agriculture, nutrition and delivery of food security to targeted communities and households.
- Support identification of potential needs requiring technical assistance from the District Coordination Teams
- Strengthen the capacity of District project staff and field staff from the relevant ministries to deliver quality multi-sectoral nutrition programming to targeted communities and households.
- Representation of the Project at district foras such as District Development Coordinating Committee (DDCC), District Nutrition Coordinating Committee (DNCC) and any other relevant district meetings on Nutrition
- Support line ministries in providing oversight and supportive supervision for community volunteer activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies / Public Health / Nutrition/ food and nutrition or Agriculture from a recognized university with strong expertise in nutrition or Public Health with a minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in implementing and/or delivery of Nutrition related activities
- Proven experience with practical and impactful gender equity and women’s empowerment approaches to development and humanitarian action.
- Experience working in or with government
- Experience working with communities
- Experience working in an international non-governmental organization
- Good facilitation and participatory methodology skills
- Computer literate, including word processing and excel/spreadsheets
- Experience in People management
Method of Application
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to:
CARE International in Zambia is committed to Promoting and maintaining an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.