Network of Zambian People Living with HIV and AIDS (NZP+)
The Network of Zambian People Living with HIV and AIDS (NZP+)
Terms of reference for developing NZP+ Strategic Plan
The Network of Zambian People Living with HIV and AIDS (NZP+) is a national organization for people living with HIV/AIDS, which was established in 1996 mainly to improve the quality of life of people living with HIV and AIDS by pursuing support, capacity building and representation of its members.
NZP+ was established as a coordinating structure for people living with HIV and provides a platform for people living with HIV to respond to HIV and AIDS in a meaningful and organized manner and aligns to national AIDS priorities. As such NZP+ promotes the voice for the wellbeing of its members as well as that of broader society through meaningful involvement and integration in the responses to HIV and AIDS.
NZP+ also exists to undertake research in order to provide new knowledge and information on various aspects affecting people living with HIV such as access to treatment by bringing forward a deeper understanding of experiential issues affecting people living with HIV. Information gathered is used for advocacy to improve identified gaps as well as information sharing. NZP+ builds gradual stability of its structure and programmes through networking and maintaining partnerships and operates as a decentralized structure in implementation of its activities.
The overall objective of this undertaking is to develop the latest NZP+ strategic accompanied with a fully costed operational plan and monitoring and evaluation plan for 2019-2022, embraced by PLHIV and stakeholders that will provide compelling evidence on where more returns on HIV investment will be realized.
Scope of Work
The following tasks will be undertaken:
- Assist in developing a template and guidance document for capturing priorities from sub-national level structures on NZP+
- Facilitate a 5 day workshop to identify key areas of focus for the strategic plan and a 2 days validation workshop
- Review key documents relevant for the HIV&AIDS sector in Zambia to identify priority issues affecting PLHIV
- In consultation with NZP+ Secretariat, facilitate the development of a four year strategic plan (2019-2022), for the network compete with an operational and M&E plan
- Consolidate comments on the document after review by key stakeholders to present in final validation workshop before finalizing the strategic plan
The following outputs are expected at the end of this undertaking:
a) NZP+ Strategic Plan 2019-2022 which will be an HIV Investment Case for PLHIV to be used for advocacy at policy and programmatic levels including resource mobilisation.
b) An Operational Plan clearly articulating resource allocation including resource gaps for mobilization
c) A robust Monitoring and Evaluation Plan informed by the provisions of the NZP+ 2019 – 2022 strategic plan which will enhance generation of high quality data for evidence based programming and decision making.
a) Academic Qualifications
- At least a master’s degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy, development studies and
b) Experience and skills
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management
- Prior working experience on decentralization issues is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs especially in the area of capacity development
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- High level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners;
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
This assignment will not exceed a period of 20 days for the period from 20 May 2019 to 20 June 2019.
NZP+ will cover the cost of travel if any and will pay the consultant for this exercise in two instalments as follows:
- 40% upon signing the agreement and
- 55% after completion of the exercise
How to apply
Please submit your expression of interest including how you qualify for this task and your budget to email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org by 03 June 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com