WebsiteLive Clean Initiatives
Live Clean is looking to hire a Cold Storage Unit Operator able to manage the daily operations of a cold solutions unit under the IMC Worldwide-managed Frontier Technologies Livestreaming (FTL) new initiative, Pay-as-you-Chill Cold Chain pilot in Zambia.
About Live Clean
Live Clean is a private sanitation facility service provider in Zambia that builds fee-paying public toilets in the most populated areas of the country. Founded in 2016, Live Clean serves over 800 users daily across three sites, namely Soweto/Kanyama Market, Buseko Market, and Kamwala/Tokyo Way Market. Live Cleans goal is to be the preferred Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) provider, and to be the market leader in the supply of sanitation-related products at an inexpensive price for mass usage across Zambia.
As a pro-sanitation and pro-health establishment, Live Clean is also branching out into being a pro-food security company through the non-wastage of food. Food wastage in Rural Africa is extensive as it accounts for 40% of food being lost to poor storage in multiple stages from the small holder farmer, to the market vendor/seller, and finally the end-user. This loss of food has a profound effect on the average population as loss of income potential and loss of food resources are just a few causes of this big problem.
Live Clean Cold Storage is an initiative that tackles food wastage by providing cold storage facilities for market vendors to store perishable food products to prolong their sale cycle. The Frontier Technologies Livestreaming (FTL) programme in conjunction with the Department for International Development (DFID) is rolling out a pay-as-you-chill cold storage pilot that enables Live Clean to provide this solution at our Soweto/Kanyama Market site. Therefore, we need highly motivated and eager to learn individuals who want to be a part of a program that helps the Zambian population tackle one of the most difficult issues faced in the country, in food wastage. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
1. In charge of collecting, packing and recording daily produce intake
2. Foreseeing the collection and recording of daily, weekly, and monthly sales figures
3. In charge of inventory management
4. Performing and reporting continual temperature and technical checks of the cold storage unit
1. Minimum of Grade 12 education from a recognised and accredited school/institution
2. English proficiency in both writing and speaking
3. Good understanding of mathematics
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Ability to perform duties with little oversight and a quick decision maker
6. Excellent time management skills
7. Needs to be highly motivated and willing to learn
8. Ability to work under pressure
9. Ability to engage with market vendors and clients to attract sales and increase product awareness
10. Ability to think outside-the-box
11. Able to lift 20 kg baskets of produce
Live Clean is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants are welcome to apply!
Interested applicants should send their resumes to [email protected] with “Live Clean Cold Storage Unit Operator” in the subject line before 3rd October 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]