CBU invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Internal Auditor
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to fill in the position of Internal Auditor:
Responsible for planned internal audit on the system throughout the University and checks controls, risk management process and government issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that internal audit assignments performed is up to date with internal audit methodology and industry wide best practice developments.
- Participate in developing and maintain internal audit quality assurance strategy, methodology procedures and managing the department’s methodology and quality assurance strategy.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of all phases of internal audit execution with emphasis on internal audit issue validation and retrospective reviews.
- Provide guidance to the audit teams and reinforce institute of internal audit (IIA) and information systems audit and control (ISACA) methodology standards through timely feedback and training.
- Perform horizontal, targeted, team-based focused quality assurance reviews for conformance with IIA and ISACA standards and analyze results and trends to determine the best approach to internal auditing and testing procedures.
- Develop and employ necessary tools to achieve set objectives for the quality assurance functions of the internal audit department.
- Review draft reports and audit results, participate in formulating recommendations with audit teams and stakeholders.
- Track and monitor internal audit team remediation progress, and prepare reports communicating quality assurance activities and results.
- Provide subject matter expertise to audit teams related to the internal audit methodology and driving continuous improvement of internal audit processes.
- Participate in periodically updating internal audit policies and procedures to reflect the evolving internal audit methodology and to meet regulatory expectations.
- Develop and/or deliver communication and training to internal audit team members and other stakeholders.
- Support strategic initiatives to expand the quality assurance and improvement program scope, cycle coverage and plan.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects to support department strategic initiatives.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Grade 12 or Form V Certificate with 5 Credits or better including English Language and Mathematics.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and / or professional qualification ZICA, ACCA or CIMA equivalent.
- Minimum of Four (4) years External and Internal Audit practical experience and a demonstrable track record of progression to date.
- Institute of internal audit (IIA) and information systems audit and control ISACA certification are an added advantage.
Required Competencies and Behavioral Attributes:
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills- ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action.
- Ability to demonstrate the utilization of leading edge internal audit and risk assessment methodologies.
- Proficient in ACL, Ms Word, Excel and Power Point.
Interested individuals meeting the above set qualifications should apply sending their applications accompanied by detailed current Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional qualifications together with three (3) names and address of referees, of which two must be professionally acquainted with the applicant. The application must clearly state the specific department being applied for and must reach the undersigned by 11th March, 2019 and they should be addressed to:
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692
Note that; only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.