ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT AT SELF HELP AFRICA, ZAMBIA
Assistant Accountant Needed in Self Help Africa
Self Help Africa (SHA) is an International non-profit organization implementing food security and livelihood program in rural Zambia. SHA’s mission is to develop enterprising solutions that enable small holder farmers to achieve a better quality of life. SHA is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT to be based at Lusaka Country Office.
The Assistant Accountant reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration (HOFA) will serve as an integral member of SHA finance team and be responsible for the smooth operations of the finance and administration of SHA country office.
The main roles and responsibilities of the assistant accountant will be;
- Preparation of payments and receipts.
- Banking cash and withdrawing of cash.
- Posting of financial entries in the computerized accounting system
- Assisting in the external and internal audits
- Supervise the maintenance and reconciliation of the Petty Cash Accounts,
- Maintain up to date and proper filing system of all financial and procurement transactions,
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, payables reconciliations and receivables reconciliations etc- other balance sheet reconciliation assigned by supervisor,
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets
- Maintenance of the treasury report and cash projections
- Review and reconcile imprest retirements.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports
- Ensure that all statutory obligations are up-to-date
- Coordination of financial logistics for all country office events
- Assist in administration in the absence of the administrator.
Required Relevant Experience:
- ZICA Technician, ACCA II or equivalent qualification
- At least 2 years experience working with NGOs or audit firm
- Experience in the use accounting packages such as quick books, pastels or PS Financials
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel etc.).
Method of Application
Respond by email to the email below: