At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Responsible for constructing, maintaining and repairing of water and sewerage lines as assigned by supervisor. This includes fixtures connected to the aforesaid lines.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Inspect and maintain a safe and tidy working environment in work sites.
- Operate and maintain plumbing tools and equipment.
- Fixing, maintaining and repairing, toilet bowl, toilet cistern, flushing systems, wash hand basins, taps, mixers, sink wastes, traps and drain lines.
- Maintain and repair fire hydrants, garden water lines, portable water lines and all equipment inline and dispensers.
- Excavate trenches for sewer lines and water lines including manholes.
- Clearing of sewer line and facilities blockages.
- Painting of pipes, buildings and water tank structures including the metal tanks.
- Provide training and development opportunités for all direct reports on an on going basis.
- Keep a daily log of tasks
- Perform other related duties as required
- Grade 12 School certificate or Ordinary level certificate and
- Craft certificate in plumbing
- Member of the Engineering Institution Of Zambia
- Knowledge of plumbing and building maintenance
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Team building
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to complete work on schedule
- Good quality workmanship.
Method of application
Submit your CV and application on company website: