Artisan Instrumentation – Winders and Underground Personnel Needed (X1)
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
This position reports to the Instrumentation Foreman – Winders
Core Purpose of the Position
To work with a wide variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer devices used to measure and control pressure, flow, temperature, level, motion, force, and chemical composition.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Responsible for carrying out maintenance and other equipment for the section
- Completes assignments of repair and planned works as instructed by the supervisor
- Ensure he uses the right tools for the job and maintain them properly
- Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults, practice loss management principles
- Maintenance of programmable logic controllers and peripheral units
- Maintenance of SCADA hardware components and operations
- Mentor and train production crew operators on plant equipment
- Repair, maintain and adjust system components or remove and replace defective parts
- Conduct risk assessments
- Follow laid out work safety, maintenance procedures and fill in appropriate task checklist
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Ensure health, safety, environmental and quality standards are maintained.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years work experience in mining industry a must
- Grade twelve with five O levels which must include English.
- Qualified in instrumentation (certified Craft / Technician or equivalent)
- Member of EIZ/ ERB
- Ability to read and interpret PID drawings, electrical drawings and hydraulic drawings
- Ability and desire to keep up-to-date with technological developments in the field
- Ability to use proper lifting techniques to lift between 11 and 25 kilograms
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
- Good communication and reading skills
- Good team player and able to coordinate work with other engineering trades on the job site
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.