FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Under the direction of the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer (SFAO), the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the staff of the CDC PHO TA Project office in Chipata.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide secretarial support (word processing, production of reports and documents, filing, etc.) for project staff, as assigned.
- Prepare minutes for meetings and follow up with staff members for action items.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements for the project as needed (e.g. scheduling conference rooms, logistics).
- Prepares documents, reports and briefing materials for consultants, staff and clients.
- Ensures documentation and reports are tracked regularly.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, for the project staff.
- Assist the supervisor and relevant staff in making appointments and logistical arrangements for meetings.
- Assist the supervisor and relevant staff in arranging travel logistics for FHI360 staff, consultants, and visiting staff, including hotel arrangements, airport and hotel pick-ups, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- Successful candidate will have a university degree in business administration or any relevant field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, excellent communication skills, and strong computer aptitude in Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Prior experience working within NGO environment is a plus.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: