Job Title: Web Application Developer (2 Job Vacancies)
Organization: Phixel Systems
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Phixel Systems is an IT Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining with Native PHP as well as Frameworks/CMS such as CodeIgniter, WordPress, Laravel
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in creating websites is required
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications with ability to write clean, logical, high-quality code
- Ability to create beautiful, yet functional, web UI experiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile development environment
- Strong customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of independent judgment and ability to solve complex problems
- Willingness to learn and contribute both independently and as part of a team
How to Apply:
Please send your application letter and CV indicating contact information, list of IT skills, list and description of projects you’ve done, screenshots or active links and at least one client referee to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27th April 2019.