Requisition Number: 506864
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining c primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct and assist in all engineering, process and project activities
- To conduct any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- To work together with engineering, processing and project team.
- Mobile equipment operation where and when required within trained equipment
- To keep the site clean
- To do this while keeping people safe, protecting the equipment, and ensuring that no discharges occur to environment
- Undertake any ad hoc or non-routine requests assigned by the Supervisor.
- Complete operating checks according to instructions given by the Supervisor and deliver to the Supervisor prior to end of each shift.
- Communicate issues in any area specific matters
- Ensure that the area is operating according to procedures.
- Clean up if spillage occurs
- Assist the Shift Supervisor in his duties and be able to cover his duties when required.
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Skilled boilermaker, with plastic welding skills.
Experience and Skills
- At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, preferably in TSF experience
- At least 1 year of experience in duties of boiler making and plastic welding
- Strong drive to maximise production and improve the circuit operations.
- Commitment to SHEC performance.
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability for circuit operations.
- Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the timeframe of one shift.
- Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical & equipment information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be diligent and thorough in approach.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- English language fluency.
Applications close: 19 Jun 2019 FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.first-quantum.com.