Position: Transport and Logistics Officer
Location: National Office
Purpose of the position
Manage and Control the effective use of organization’s vehicles to ensure good stewardship as per WVZ Transport Policy and Procedures to ensure that fleet is maintained in the manner that will provide reliable transportation for effective implementation of World Vision Zambia work.
- Facilitate the Registration of Motor Vehicles, renewal of Road Licenses and Fitness
- Maintain the Vehicle Database for proper review and monitoring for both the Area Programmes and National office
- Produce summary of vehicle usage reports
- Facilitate the disposal of motor vehicles as per the Disposal policy
- Scheduling & Routing of vehicles & drivers so as to ensure that members of staff needing transport are facilitated to carry out their various assignments
- Manage airport assignments for World Vision Zambia (WVZ) staff and high profile visitors coming to Zambia
- Facilitate healthy functioning and timely service of all vehicles and ensuring that all repairs carried out meet the required standard to minimize accidents and break downs
- Ensure that comprehensive Insurance for all Motor vehicle/bikes is done and insurance claims are effected immediately after the accident has occurred
- Be available 24hrs to provide assistance in case of accidents or breakdowns and to effect emergence repairs by insuring that there is appropriate security for WVZ motor vehicles, and assisting with police enquiries by providing emergence transportation
- Ensure that appropriate procedures and control on the issuance of fuel and lubricants at National office are made and that payment for the service is done on a timely basis
- Monitoring of vehicle movements through Geotab as per standard procedures
- Provide WVZ vehicle log books to document and monitor vehicle transport utilization as per required WVZ standards and systems
- Prepare comparative analysis reports so as to ensure that fuel drawn on all vehicles & motorbikes to good use
- Work in liaison with Supply Chain in recommending standard models of motor vehicles/bikes that meet required operational needs.
- Effectively Spearhead Drive for Zero trainings for WVZ employees.
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to manage all project activities effectively
- Provide supervision and identify training gaps
- Ensure that staff performance agreements and appraisal are conducted as required and shared with the People and Culture department
- Motivate staff by creating a fair and open work environment in which they can realized their potential for growth, expanded managerial and technical capacities, and satisfaction with their work.
- Participate and support development and design of guidelines/policies that relate to fleet for WVZ for effective operations.
Undertake additional assignments given by immediate supervisor
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills, Experience and other competencies/attributes
- Must hold a Chartered institute of Transport and Logistics higher Diploma or its equivalent
- Advanced Automotive Technician Certificate a must
- Atleast 2 or more years fleet management experience a must
- Good report writing and supervision skills
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills essential
- Critical Thinker and ability to make decisions
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with NGO experience is added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- High professional ethics and proficiency
- Must be a committed Christian, able to exhibit and stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/ in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based/Field
- On call: Twenty four Hours
To apply please visit careers.wvi.org.