Job Title: Transaction Execution Specialist (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Transaction Execution
The Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC) is in place to facilitate investments in Uganda’s high potential renewable energy sector. UECCC’s mandate is to provide a reliable framework for pooling resources from Government, Investors and Development Partners and to channel the same to viable renewable energy projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
UECCC provides a menu of Credit Support Instruments, including Partial Risk Guarantees and Lines Of Credit, to Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) to facilitate provision of credit by the PFIs to Renewable Energy Service Providers/ Projects and End Users. The key outputs of the Transaction Execution Specialists shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Originate credit support transactions in line with the Company’s ﬁnancing policies and guidelines;
- Actively build a pipeline of Credit Support Transactions and manage the Company’s existing portfolio of credit support facilities with Participating Financial Institutions; .
- Prepare initial reviews of the proposed credit support applications, collect detailed appraisal documentation and information as necessary for the preparation of Credit Support transaction reports;
- Manage the entire Credit cycle including but not limited to following up on Company issuance of the indicative terms and conditions for facilities to be extended and eventual acceptance of indicative terms by the beneﬁciaries; Follow up on completion of securities and fulﬁlment of all approved preconditions to disbursement;
- Initiate disbursements of approved and cleared transactions under an allocated portfolio;
- Manage a portfolio of Company investments and monitor until full recovery; and
- Monitor developments in the Energy Sector and participate in stakeholder and business groups.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Science related ﬁeld;
- A Master’s Degree or a relevant professional qualiﬁcation will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years work experience in a similar role with a reputable ﬁnancial institution; and
- Experience working with energy sector clients will be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate must have a proven track record as Credit or Loan Officer/Manager in a reputable ﬁnancial institution with hands on experience with lending procedures and products.
- He/She should have strong analytical skills, great interpersonal and communication skills, excellent customer services skills and very good organizational and time management skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you fit the proﬁle, please send your application indicating which of the above two positions you are applying for, together with your CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 26th April 2019