Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the Supply Chain Team, and effective Commercial and Financial Management support and services to the General Manager and the Lumwana Management Team.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide effective direction and leadership to the Supply Chain function to ensure that effective controls are in place for management of warehouse inventory, procurement, demand planning and logistics;
- Provide guidance and input into contractual negotiations, resolution of contractual issues and assistance to contract representatives to ensure Barrick’s interests are maintained at optimal outcome;
- Responsible for management of work priorities for the materials section and ensuring that activities are undertaken in accordance with business needs;
- Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement;
- Ensure management reports are completed on time and with the required content;
- Manage the preparation of repair/ rotable parts for offsite shipment and subsequent repair and return;
- Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the Management Operating System (MOS) to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role;
- Become actively involved in Barrick’s aims and objectives of engaging with the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local people. Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business;
- Prepare and manage the budget for the function;
- Ensure all members of the team have clearly defined accountabilities and roles and that individual development plans are in place to enable goals to be achieved, and hold team members accountable to these deliverables;
- Develop the talent of the team and ensure the team is aligned, motivated and functions effectively.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum (10 years) experience in Warehousing, Contracts Management, Logistics and Procurement, preferably in the mining environment at a senior level
- Degree in Purchasing & Supply/Materials Management or related discipline
- Qualification in engineering an added advantage
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of warehouse management principles and practices
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Procurement and Contract management principles and practices
- Experience in the use of a recognised CMMS, preferably PRONTO
- Competent in a computerised Inventory Control or Warehouse Management System
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Exemplary and demonstrable leadership skills and attributes
Barrick – Lumwana employees that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs and a cover letter motivating their application through http://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31th May 2019. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
To apply please visit jobs.barrick.com.