South African Study Permit For Uganda Students(Requirement and Processing Time)
The fee mentioned is per applicant
- The visa fee in USD is subject to change without notice.
- There is a service charge of USD 90 to be charged in UGX inclusive of VAlevied per application over and above the visa fees.
- Visa Fee and service charge to be paid at Bank Implant inside visa application center. Kindly carry the 1st page Passport photocopy while paying the service fee and the visa fee at the bank
- There is no exemption for VFS Service charge.
- The above fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Two Colored Recent (less than one month from the date of application) Photographs
Applicants should submit in person. (Children below the age of 18 are exempted)
Valid Passport with validity for no less than 30 days after the expiry of the intended visit
Valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
A complete and signed application form (BI-84 form) in black ink only.
3 months local Bank Statement (applicant’s) (Up to the Current date of Submission) or person sponsoring the applicant student with bank seal and signed by bank authority, if applicant is incurring expenses on his/her own
Bank Letter conforming Account Number, Account Name and Account Balance in figure and should indicate the bank email and contact number of concerned person in bank.
Foreign bank statement has to be stamped by the bank and certified by commissioner of oaths. (For that particular country)
Consent Letter (Permitting the South Africa High Commission to get information from the bank)
Return Air Booking
Statement and /or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of visit.
Prescribed Visa and service fee.
Letter of invitation with the name enrolled in the institution’s admission list of the applicant student.
The signatory of the invitation letter must furnish his or photo ID , copy
If South Africa host taking responsibility of applicant’s accommodation and food, then letter having the detail of the same.
Proof of funds for the expenses to be incurred during study tenure including accommodation, food and course fee. If there is a scholarship, then details of the same in original.
If study course exceeds consecutive 90 days, then applicant must apply directly at South Africa Mission with all credentials and documents
If company is sponsoring employee, then company needs to give NOC and undertaking in support of the employee applicant.
Hotel booking copy in applicant’s name mentioning the duration of stay (Direct hotel email address)
If applicant staying at anybody’s house in South Africa, then recent three months utility bill supporting that house address is required. Should be stamped and certified by South African local police.
Minor Dependent Children accompanying applicant to submit:
- An Unbridged (Full) Birth Certificate
- In case of Unaccompanied Minor, consent from both the guardian with letters signed by both the parents.
- In the case of a minor, subject to guardianship or custody, proof of guardianship.
- In the case of an adopted minor proof of that adoption along with copies of parents/guardians identification.
- In case of one parental accompanying minor, written consent from the other parent.
- In case of minor a consent Affidavit form should be filled in and signed by both parents and stamped by the commissioner of oaths.
All documents need to be presented at the center in original and a copy. Original will be seen and verified before returning back and copy will be stamped as seen by the center authority. Any document without original, the copy will be not stamped as “Original Seen” .
Kindly be informed that High Commission of South Africa reserves the right to request for any additional documents from applicant.
For more information about the necessary documentation, click
Sample Photograph: Below specs to be maintained at 45mm x 35mm
The successful delivery of some of the department’s services relies not only on our efforts. You have the responsibility of providing the Department with the correct documentation. Please find details below for all supporting documentation that the department requires:
Photographs submitted for identity documents and passports must comply to the following specifications:
- Length – 45mm
- Width – 35mm
- The background of the photograph shall be plain and free of shadows and shall not have a white lining
- Only the head and shoulders of the person concerned shall be included in the photograph and the head from the chin to the top of the hair shall not be smaller 22mm and not larger than 25mm
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
- The person concerned shall be photographed without any head-gear or veil, and any other additions to the face which tend to alter the natural likeness shall be removed. (The Director-General may exempt any person or any category of persons from any of these requirements.)
Glasses and Head Covers
If you wear glasses:
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses.
- No dark tinted lenses or heavy frames
Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
- Spectacles may be worn provided that the lenses do not make the eyes invisible. Spectacles with dark lenses may be worn if the eyes will appear distorted without them or if the person is blind
The Photograph must:
- Show you looking at the Camera with a neutral expression and mouth closed
No obvious grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows.
- The face shall be a recognizable likeness of the person and the head, hair, eyebrows, eyes, nose and moustache or beard, if any, shall be sharply and clearly defined
- Neither the photograph nor the copies thereof may be defaced by holes, pencil or ink marks or in any other manner
The timelines given by South African High Commission in Uganda for the processing of each application is minimum 7 working days from the day of submission at Visa Application Centres.
However visa applicants should bear in mind that each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing time may vary. Embassy Visa section may ask for additional documents which may require more additional working days for processing.
Withdrawal of the Application.
If the applicant wishes to withdraw his/her application after the submission of the application at VFS Centers in Uganda, below are the requirements.
- A withdrawal form is required to be filled. This can be collected from the VFS Centre
- A covering letter mentioning the reason for the withdrawal.
- A VFS ICR copy, a copy of international passports bio –page
|Please fill in and complete visa application form with black ink pen|
|For more information about the necessary documentation, click here|