Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Rigger.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Mechanical Maintenance, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Perform under supervision, Maintenance, Inspection, Repair and any Tests/Loads deemed necessary to Overhead and Mobile Cranes, Static & Portable Lifting Equipment to Zambian Mining regulations, Inter/National standards and Company Policies.
- Adherence to safe working practices and capture of safe working documents (Lift Studies, Lifting Permits)
- Conduct quarterly inspection of lifting gear and tagging
- Assist in identifying opportunities for continuous improving of maintenance processes and systems
- Cooperate with maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information
- Carry out routine and statutory inspections
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum of a craft certificate in Rigging
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a rigging artisan in a typical Mining environment.
- Have a good understanding of rules, regulations and company policy as regards to Lifting Machinery and Accessories.
- Experienced with inspection of Lifting Machinery, Lifting Equipment, Lifting Accessories and Scaffolding
- Strong commitment to safety
- Maintenance of all lifting equipment and appliances
- Good communication skills, self-motivated and innovative
Method of application
Submit your CV and application on company website: