Habitat for Humanity Zambia
POSITION NAME: PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: KABWE, CENTRAL PROVINCE
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PROGRAMS
CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM
Habitat for Humanity Zambia (HFHZ) is seeking a competent candidate to work as a Project Manager for a 4-year project Solid Ground: Access to Secure Land and Safe Homes in Makululu, Kabwe funded by Comic Relief. The project is a multi-themed to be project implemented by HFHZ in Kabwe, Zambia. The main goal of the project to contribute to enhanced land tenure and housing security through mobilizing and equipping most vulnerable communities at risk of homelessness with basic housing rights and money-saving skills to obtain land licenses and build safe housing. The project will also use Participatory Approach for Safe Shelter Awareness (PASSA) methodology and Sport for Development to build capacity and create awareness on Safe Shelter.
The Project Manager will ensure the achievement of the project’s targets, by working with support staff and HFHZ partners in developing policy positions on land tenure security, strategic and operational annual project plans. S/he will manage project activities and foster strategic and technical relationships with the partners. S/he will also facilitate a baseline survey, mid-term and end-line evaluations, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) activities, track partner support and performance as well as submit monthly/quarterly quality reports and financial reports to the National Office and comply to donor requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership to the project team, partners and government institutions, geared towards the creation of a sustainable, vibrant and healthy community free from the risk of being homeless, hungry and poor in Makululu slum areas following project standards.
Program Quality and Management
- Developing tools appropriate to be used by different players during project implementation.
- Refine and regularly review Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Plan
- Manage the development, monitoring, analysis and evaluation of the project portfolio including a baseline survey, mid – term and end of project evaluations.
- Ensure that all aspects of the programme are monitored and evaluated
- Ensure technically appropriate sequencing of multiple interventions in a detailed master work plan with delivery timelines.
- Develop annual partner sub-agreements and validate partner work-plans and budgets
- Develop review project risks and risk mitigation plans; and managing changes in project scope.
- Develop a project-specific safeguarding policies and procedures; and provide training to all project staff.
- Review the different Savings and Financial Education Models and adapt the most effective model for the target group
- Design training modules and implementation models together with staff and partners and build local capacity for Change Agents and Master Trainers to deliver high quality trainings to the beneficiaries.
- Facilitate the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices from the project.
- Facilitate Project Review meetings as planned
- Stay abreast of new developments in Savings-led Microfinance industry as well as Land and housing sectors.
- Implement policies and procedures in line with the organisational policies on community mobilization and Standards of Excellence requirements.
- Ensure compilation of quality reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis as required.
- Contribute to the design of new projects by conducting of needs assessment upon request from and in collaboration with National Office
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Effectively budget for project and partner level activities with regards to the master budget.
- Provide financial oversight, and monitor all project funded activities in collaboration with Finance department through the budget tracking tools.
- Develop and maintain an assets register for all project assets and inventory with partners in collaboration with HR department
- Ensure timely and smooth liquidations and financial reporting by partners.
- Ensure grant management compliance for the project including compliance with any additional HFHZ regulations, with support from the National Office.
- With support from the finance review donor finance reports.
- Ensure the proper implementation of HFHZ’s performance management system for direct reports
- Proactively address performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching
Partnership and Coordination
- Maintain good relationships with relevant government agencies, Implementing Partners, CSOs, government line ministries and donors.
- Use sound judgment in all project communications and ensure that project communication meets needs of different audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, government, donors, etc.)
- Keep up a positive image and good visibility for HFHZ
- Contribute to national dialogues and advocacy groups as per project demand.
- Ensure timely reporting and communications with key partners on project related issues.
- Formalise working agreements with all partner organisations on project
JOB HOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Degree in Relevant Field (Land economy/planning, Social Sciences, Development Studies)
- Minimum of 5 or more years working experience, ideally in an NGO environment with demonstrated expertise in facilitating Savings Groups and Financial Education – A MUST.
- Knowledge in facilitating Study Circles, PASSA methodology and Land Tenure Security will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of safeguarding policies and practices to protect children and vulnerable people
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good written English skills
- Ability to supervise staff
- Ability to multi task and manage diverse array of partners
- Good IT skills: Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Project Management and Power Point
- Ability to understand and work with project budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Clean Drivers Licence
- Ability to deal with stress & meet deadlines
- Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
- Team Working
- High degree of integrity
- Good Listener
- Social and receptive
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email an application letter, an updated CV, Academic and Professional qualifications. Applications should be addressed to the National Director and sent to either of the two following emails only:
Habitat_hr@habitatzam.org.zm or email@example.com
The closing date for this advert is Thursday, 4th July, 2019 at 17:00hrs. Only candidates meeting the specifications of the job will be shortlisted and contacted.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY ZAMBIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job email your details to Habitat_hr@habitatzam.org.zm