Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
Under the supervision of the Procurement Officer, this role will be responsible for evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) and good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure identifying the most profitable offers. Create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documented standards for procurement governance and procurement processes which result in value for money outcomes and minimize procurement risk.
- Provide operational support and advice to the Internal Procurement Committee and staff in relation to procurement, contracting and contactors management.
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Establish and maintain a Contact Register of prospective, potential and existing sources of supply.
- Manage the record keeping requirements of the procurement and contracting processes.
- Promote excellent customer service, identify, review and implement strategies to improve service, quality and efficiency.
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Skills and talents
- Strong communication abilities; Excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills required;
- Very high level of computer knowledge-internet, word, excel and power point
- Extremely detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.