Plan International Jobs in Zambia : Community Development Facilitator
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building Programs focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Program Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Community Development Facilitator – (1) Eastern Programme Unit – CHIPATA
This position is responsible for facilitation of all the development activities done within the community. Helping and improving the lives of children and their families. Additionally, the incumbent must be able to live in the community as part of Plan’s Global Immersion Strategy. S/He will be reporting to the Program Coordinator
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Mobilizing communities and facilitating on Plan thematic areas to ensure the mandate of Plan is achieved.
- Facilitating project design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the assigned area of operation.
- Facilitating effective participation of children, families, communities and stakeholders in Program activities.
- Building the capacity of community partners and volunteers to facilitate and manage Plan’s focus on child well-being.
- Coordination of Program activities and networking with the communities
- Establishing good working relations with children, families, community leadership, and community based organizations (CBOs), government extension staff and other stakeholders at ward and village levels.
- Participating in stakeholder meetings and networks at ward and village levels.
- Supporting community based structures such as Community Associations (CAs) in 100% quality checking of all sponsorship communications before submission to the PU office.
- Facilitating volunteers to move communications from field office to PU office and ensures timely submission of all due communications.
- Identifying key risks within the area of operation and putting in appropriate control measures to manage them.
Individual Specifications Include:
- 2 to 3 Years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Diploma in Development Studies or related discipline.
- Class 3 motor bike license
- Experience with Participatory methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem identification & Problem solving skills
- Ability to ride a motor bike
How to Apply
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 15th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men