We’re seeking a leader to fulfil a challenging role that will have a transformational impact of many people’s lives while developing your leadership and organisational development skills.
Three:eighteen is a Christian NGO passionate about giving empowerment and discipleship opportunities to disadvantaged people living in Zambia. In particular we do this by microloans and education, by working in partnership with Zambian churches and Christian organisations. We believe that God gives everyone skills and abilities we are here to help unlock this potential.
Our vision over the next 5 years is to support 10,000 people through a network of a dozen churches.
- Manage staff team by setting targets, ensuring continued professional development and using development plans and coaching to encourage personal and organisation growth. Encourage spiritual growth within the staff team.
- Work with the three:eighteen Zambia and three:eighteen UK boards to set strategic direction of the organisation.
- Manage existing microloan and education projects, through target setting and monitoring.
- Develop relationships with partner churches, ensuring that work is done in the spirit of the unity and working hand-in-hand with the local church to bring empowerment and discipleship opportunities to the disadvantaged. Ensure their extensive involvement (including decision making) throughout the programmes.
- Develop new partnerships with churches in towns throughout Zambia.
- Train new microloan trainers in technical and soft skills.
- Management credit control process and policies in each project to ensure loans are paid in in full and on time.
- Develop discipleship and evangelistic programmes within the microloan project in tandem with the local church,
- Manage and develop the education programmes to offer a holistic support and discipleship for young people.
- Monitor and evaluate projects to measure success and take corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure thorough and effective administration including meticulous record keeping and reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree Level Education
- Substantial proven ability in strategic planning and thinking.
- Proven ability in managing a team of people
- Significant proven ability in project management and evaluation, and in budget development and management.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong business experience – either through management or entrepreneurship
- Self-starter/drive to see more organisation and staff develop
- First class verbal & written communication.
- Strong organisational ability
- Ability to make sound commercial decisions and give clear guidance
- Computer literate (Word, Excel and email)
- Committed Christian
- Builds relationships quickly
- Willingness to travel and live in basic conditions
- Commitment to three:eighteen’s core values
- Business studies or development qualification
- HR qualification
- Significant proven leadership ability in a development or Christian based organisation
- Experience in working in the microfinance sector
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org