Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation company Limited (ChWSC), is the utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing Water and Sanitation services. The vision of the Company is “To be the most effectively managed utility in Zambia” with the focus on ensuring that the customers are delighted with the quality of services. To achieve this, The Company endeavours to ensure that adequate staff with the right skills are available as required
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
To plan, manage and provide quality, reliable and modern IT services that support the operations of the Company and contribute to overall efficiency, productivity and attainment of Company objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and manages IT systems for the Company, sources IT systems, and installs software and hardware to meet Company needs.
- Investigates and resolves problems in the IT systems operations, manages and minimizes systems down-time and ensures smooth running of all IT systems.
- Liaises with suppliers of equipment, software and negotiates for best terms, to ensure cost effectiveness and value for money.
- Provides specialist advice to management on IT policy issues and monitors trends and developments in Information Technology in order to ensure that systems used by the Company are in line with current developments.
- Manages the company’s databases and key software packages such as Perfect billing software, PASTEL accounting software to ensure reliable data, security, integrity, accuracy and confidentiality and authorization levels.
- Liaises with the Commercial Manager to ensure efficient effective and billing
- Maintains the Company’s website
- Provides user support and conducts training for users in computer applications and/or software.
- Monitors the NWASCO Information System
- Prepares the IT annual budget and once approved, monitors subsequent expenditure
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 “O” level credits including Mathematics and English.
- Degree in Computer Science,
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a reputable undertaking.
- Must be a member of a recognised institution in the respective professional
- Team player with a flexible approach and willingness to learn.
- Ability to cope with pressure.
- Must have a valid driving license
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrable Technical competence in IT operations, Networks, Database and Systems management
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies
- Coaching and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good understanding of Company’s business processes
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 21st August, 2019. ChWSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their applications, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Plot 690A, Mubanga Chipoya Road
P.O. Box 410397
Please note that no email application will be accepted