Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS) exists to enable the OVC in Zambia, especially the Girl Child and Children with Special Educational Needs, to access quality education. ZOCS hopes to achieve this through Advocacy, Capacity Building and support to Community Schools through Service Delivery, mainstreaming the cross cutting issues of gender, HIV and AIDS and disability, as well as learning-based monitoring and evaluation of its interventions. ZOCS seeks to recruit a qualified candidate who is motivated and result oriented to fill the following Position:
GRANTS & COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST (1) – LUSAKA
REPORTS TO – FINANCE MANAGER
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Grants & Compliance Specialist will be responsible for managing and coordinating ZOCS grant portfolios. The specialist will support the development of organisation strategies through the identification of gaps and issues in grant proposals and during implementation of projects. Will Produce accurate, high-quality documents including proposals, budgets and reports among others within specified deadlines and to ensure compliance to Donor specific requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct daily reviews of backup documentation using the finance checklists to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with ZOCS Policies and procedures.
- Perform regular audits of project files.
- Audit travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance and follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
- Conduct unannounced periodic reviews of all financial transactions and the supporting documents of the financial transaction processing functions.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal controls, checks and balances. Provide guidance to Finance staff and advise management where risk maps are required for specific projects.
- Oversee acknowledgement of all grants, including agreement compliance, acknowledgement letters, reports, support documentation, and communicate necessary grant requirements to ZOCS Management.
- Support the reviewing of proposals for consistency with the requirements of solicitations, requests or calls for proposals, predicting or preventing bottlenecks in the proposal development process and securing the necessary information to complete process.
- Provide training, technical assistance and guidelines, oversight, expertise and consultation to finance and programme staff.
- Prepare and/or review grant information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits and participate as appropriate.
- Review and update the ZOCS risk register.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal controls, checks and balances and make recommendations to the FM.
- Ensure that all backup documentation is audit ready.
- Develop an annual internal audit plan.
- Remain updated on donor support trends and preferences in the country
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
Qualifications / Professional Experience
- ACCA, Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, or equivalent qualification/certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Vast experience in Finance and Programming.
- Experience and knowledge of Statutory Grants & Regulations.
- Experience of donor liaison and production of Donor Reports essential.
- Strategic and analytical mind, able to carry out complex analyses of systems and programmes.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an NGO.
- Proven track record in successful grant proposals
- Proven track record of experience in non-profit governance, administration, grants management and compliance.
- Must be competent with spread sheets, budgeting and must possess an aptitude for numbers and for fiscal and administrative work.
- Excellent writing skills with a focus on report and proposal development.
- Supervisory experience essential.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
Interested candidates should post or deliver their application with detailed updated curriculum vitae and copies of certificates to the address below not later than Thursday, 2nd May, 2019. Please do not submit applications through email. Any application sent through email will NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Executive Director
Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS)
P.O Box 50429
No. 20, Tito Road
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com